Attention workout warriors, knife-wielding weekend chefs and home-improvement enthusiasts: All urgent cares are not alike. And for adventurous souls like you, choosing the right facility is even more important. It all begins with looking for services and features that can save you time, money and frustration.
Urgent care versus emergency care
There are differences, and they’re important to know. Urgent care is not a substitute for emergency care. Urgent care facilities are designed to help people with non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries that cannot wait until the next day to be treated, such as:
- Accidents and falls
- Sprains and strains
- Eye irritation and redness
- Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
An emergency room or emergency care center is set up to immediately treat conditions that can permanently impair or endanger your life, including:
- Heart attack, stroke, difficulty breathing or chest pain
- Serious head, neck or back injury
- Deep knife cuts or gunshot wounds
- Compound fractures or bone breaks
Here are five things to look for in an urgent care facility
Many people choose an urgent care because it accepts their insurance. But your decision should go beyond that. When researching facilities, look for the features below.
- Accessibility – For many busy, active people, being able to stop in to an urgent care when accidents happen is key. This is particularly helpful after you sprain your ankle rounding the bases during the company softball game. Fortunately, you can schedule an appointment or simply walk in to CRMA Urgent Care.
- Conveniences – We work to maintain efficiencies to minimize wait times. You can check live wait times in the upper right corner of the CRMA home page. And if you are treated Monday through Friday, you can access our onsite lab and radiology services for faster diagnosis and treatment.
- Central location – The last thing you want to do when you’re in pain is travel miles and miles to get relief. Instead, CRMA is close by, with urgent care in Framingham, Marlborough and Natick, Massachusetts.
- Insurance – CRMA Urgent Care accepts many commercial insurance plans, including employer-sponsored and individual plans, and Medicare.
- State-of-the-art equipment – Quality and accuracy are imperative in urgent care. This is precisely why CRMA offers advanced diagnostic imaging. Your health deserves the very latest technology, and we insist on working with it.
Compassionate, comprehensive urgent care in Metrowest
Healthcare should be comfortable and restorative. From quickly and clearly communicating with your primary doctor to providing care at a fraction of the cost of emergency care, CRMA Urgent Care strives to provide a no-hassle patient experience. Whether you need urgent care or need see one of our 75 medical providers across 9 Metrowest communities, the CRMA team is ready to help you be at your healthy best.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 508-848-2190 or click here to use our online form.