This per diem position for a Registered Cardiac Sonographer. Our main facility is in Framingham, and we operate a satellite in Marlborough.
Consistent Per Diem hours available.
2-3 years experience preferred, New Grads will be considered
Salary Commensurate with experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for daily operation of Echocardiology to assist in patient diagnosis or treatment. Provides appropriate patient care. Contributes to the efficient operation of the department, ensuring quality and continuity of patient care. All other duties as assigned by provider.
Knowledge of echo policies & procedures, protocols, equipment operation, and positioning techniques. The ability to handle multiple tasks/projects in an ethical and professional manner. Is able to communicate, in an effective manner, and coordinate the daily operations of the department/practice to include any changes. Flexibility with hours. Ability to maintain effective interdisciplinary working relationships.
- Perform comprehensive and high-quality echocardiogram
- Obtain the necessary and accurate measurements and write preliminary report in a timely manner.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information to ensure all appropriate imaging technique will be obtained.
- Apply independent judgment during the echocardiography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images. As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimal diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Be able to effectively handle emergency situations.
- Maintain all ultrasound equipment, trouble-shoot minor operating problems and report all malfunctions to appropriate service provider.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the echocardiography examination.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
- Computer skills are essential and include but are not limited to, lab operating systems, database use, echocardiographic lab reporting software, image archiving and standard office management systems (email, word processing, etc.)
- Be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Be able to assist patients with limited mobility.
- Current licensure as a registered cardiac sonographer
- Minimum of associate degree (or ultrasonography equivalent) with RDCS or CCI credential.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in echocardiography field
Benefits Package Highlights:
1. Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
2. 11 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
3. Dental, Vision, and Life available.
4. 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
5. FSA/HSA available