This MA/MS position is in a 1 MD Internal Medicine/Rheumatology office in Natick. Must have strong phlebotomy skills. Medical Assisting experience required. Strong attention to detail. EPIC Experience a plus. Medical secretary duties 1 day per week. 5 month position with full time permanent position available.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30p.m. Some days 8:30 – 5pm
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs phlebotomy in a high-volume point-of-care environment.
- Follows protocols and procedures for testing and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures all orders and forms are complete.
- Documents into the patient medical record according to standards and procedures.
- Cleans, prepares, and ensures supplies are appropriately stocked and ready for use in the exam room and clinical areas. Cleans and sanitizes as needed.
- Utilizes established clinical standards of excellence, age/population-appropriate communication skills, approved guidelines and clinical knowledge.
- May perform EKGs, injections, PFTs, urine collection, or assist providers with procedures relevant to their experience/training.
- Provides administrative and phone support as needed including performing patient scheduling, check in/checkout, referrals, prior-authorizations, and other administrative tasks.
- Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards according to policy.
- Team player and ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidentially.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Assist with MA duties: Tasks include bringing patients from the waiting room to the exam room, taking vitals, updating patient history, updating the electronic medical record, and performing protocol-based tests such as depression screening. At the end of visit, may include escorting patient to the front desk, cleaning the exam room, performing patient education, and following up on any instructions from the physician.
- Manage messaging for the physician. Ensure incoming messages are followed up and resolved. Coordinate with other office staff. Perform callbacks under physician direction.
- Coordinates pre-visit preparations including addressing the special needs of patients (ie comfort measures, communication, and other appropriate issues) and ensuring relevant labs and tests are scheduled and completed prior to office visit.
- Prepares treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
- Assists physicians and nurses with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments and by handing instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
Benefits Package Highlights
- Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
- 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
- Dental, Vision, and Life available.
- 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
- HSA/FSA available
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
To apply for any position, please email: email@example.com