Lead MA/Office Assistant – Hudson
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from Office Manager and actively participates in office operation
- Monitors Work Status and Progress
- Reallocates staff resources as appropriate based on daily provider schedule, time off and capacity based upon office guidelines.
- Coordinates incoming work such as record requests, patient forms, home health orders and plans
- Manages Epic Queues and assigns or completes work as necessary
- Handles patient inquiries for billing and other requests
- Provides coverage for staff and/or office manager
- Understands and ensures office standards & policies are being followed by staff
- Communicates discrepancies and deficiencies to the office manager
- Punctuality and regular attendance is required
Other Duties May Include
- Coordinates pre-visit preparations
• Rooms patients and documents procedures
• Prepares treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
• Cleans and restocks exam room.
• Completes inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
• Maintains the strictest confidentiality of any and all patient records.
- Performs routine laboratory tests such as urine collection, EKGs, PFT’s, phlebotomy, and injections.
• Performs other tasks such as scheduling and completing forms
- Understand Health Insurance and application to various procedures and policies in the office
• Performs all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice.
- 1 year of experience working in a medical practice preferred.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program or certification as a Medical Assistant through a national accredited certifying body.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards: Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
• Strong computer and typing skills, with previous EPIC system preferred.
• Ability to prioritize work, follow through, brainstorm and collaborate to meet changing practice needs.
Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires frequent standing and walking. Requires occasional lifting. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.