PRE-OP/ RECOVERY AREA/ PROCEDURE ROOM RN ENDOSCOPY NURSE
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing
Nurse needed for fast paced Endoscopy unit that runs 2 rooms. Registered Nurse will be responsible for admitting patients, recovering patients and working in procedure rooms directly with doctors.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team to provide safe, comprehensive patient care, in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participate in gastroenterology diagnostic/ therapeutic procedures in a fast paced unit.
- Establishes an affirmative, caring nurse-client relationship to support the patient.
- Teaches patients/families aspects of health care that will promote health and well-being, including reinforcing the physician’s instructions.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of each patient assigned.
- Maintain a safe physical environment Including equipment and necessary supplies.
- Adheres to the standards of nursing care of all areas.
- Take orders from physicians and implement appropriate patient care.
- Performs other assigned work as required.
- Two years experience on floor with cardiac/ critical care experience.
- Current RN licensure with this State’s Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current CPR & ACLS
- Demonstrated knowledge and responsibility through references from past education and/or job experience.
- Familiar with care of patient receiving moderate sedation/ anesthesia.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Maintains HIPPA guidelines.
- Works well with other in a team environment.
Current RN licensure in Massachusetts
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work safely in a patient care environment and follow OSHA and safety requirements.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow nursing procedures. Knowledge of Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to problem-solve and take action on emergent events.
- Ability to be detail orientated
CRMA Endoscopy Unit
The needs of CRMA and its patients require that positions have flexibility. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents. Employees are required to follow any supervisory instructions and to perform other duties as requested by their supervisor and/or other management personnel from time to time.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Physical Demand Category:
|Sedentary: Occasional lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 5 pounds with 10 pounds maximum|
|Light: Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 10 pounds with 20 pounds maximum|
|Medium: Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 25 pounds with 50 pounds maximum|
|Heavy: Frequent lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to 50 pounds with 100 pounds maximum|
To apply for this position, you may also email @firstname.lastname@example.org