This part time NP/PA position is in a 1 MD, 1 NP internal medicine office in Framingham. Experience preferred, but not required.
- CRMA doesn’t distinguish between NPs and PAs. If you see a listing for an NP, we would interview PAs for the same position.
- NPs/PAs must be licensed in Massachusetts, have current DEA #s, and have a valid Medicare provider #. We also prefer candidates who already have BCBS and Fallon provider #s. If you don’t have provider #s, it may delay your start date.
- EPIC experience a plus
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of one or more CRMA physicians, NPs perform direct patient care through assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic conditions within the scope of the Advanced Practice Nurse as described by the American Nurses Association.
- Obtains and records medical histories. Performs and records physical examinations and assessments of patients in this ambulatory setting.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and consults according to established Charles River Medical Associates guidelines.
- Review findings and treatment plan with supervising physician as deemed necessary by Nurse Practitioner based on complexity of care to be delivered, the individual, Nurse Practitioner’s knowledge base pertaining to that care, scope of Advanced Nurse Practice and/or agreed upon by the Nurse Practitioner/Physician team.
- Plan and initiate health maintenance and disease prevention for patients, including education, instruction and counseling.
- Triage telephone calls of patients. Document necessary information appropriately.
- The Nurse Practitioner, with legal prescriptive authority, may prescribe medications in accordance with an agreement defined by the supervising physician and the Nurse Practitioner. Medications are prescribed within the boundaries of accepted practice. If a situation is beyond these limits, the Nurse Practitioner will seek consultation with the collaborating physician. These prescribing guidelines will be reviewed by the physician and Nurse Practitioner as needed.
- The Nurse Practitioner will participate in professional meetings, committees, seminars, and other continuing education to keep abreast of changes in professional practice to enhance professional growth, and to meet professional standards.
- Follow CRMA protocols for Billing/HIPPA compliance and utilization of the electronic medical record.
- NP should be comfortable working in a “small-office” environment with substantial independence. A “full day” of 8 paid hours is defined as 6.5 bookable hours of direct patient care.
Benefits Package Highlights
- Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
- 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
- Dental, Vision, and Life available.
- 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
- FSA/HSA available