Mammography Technologist – Per Diem, M-F Days. No weekends or holidays!
Charles River Medical Associates, with over 75 compassionate providers providing leading-edge clinical care, offers high-quality service at 15 locations spread across 9 MetroWest communities. Our Diagnostic Imaging centers in Framingham and Marlborough offer CT, Digital X-Ray, 3D Mammography, Ultrasound, Bone Density, Nuclear Medicine, as well as other various Cardiology exams. Under the general supervision of the Radiology Manager, the Mammography Technologist provides exceptional hands-on patient care and service.
This per diem position offers great compensation and flexible hours within a positive, close-knit, team-oriented environment. No weekends or holidays! The position is available at our Framingham location.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This role incorporates all the technical skills associated with mammography, including related clerical and service duties.
Performs digital screening and diagnostic testing, including 3D tomographic studies as assigned. Performs routine maintenance of equipment and maintains exam suites in good and appropriate order. Obtains and reviews patient’s clinical history and related patient’s test reports. Obtains pertinent medical history, instructs patient regarding exam procedures and preparation. Performs related clerical duties as needed.
- Must possess a current Massachusetts State (DPH) Radiologic Technologist license (with Mammo)
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Must maintain all required continuing education credits and licensure during employment
- Must be BLS (Basic Life Support) certified and maintain this certification during employment
- GE trained applicants preferred but not required
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Fast-paced imaging center
- Constant walking and standing with intermittent lifting and positioning of patients
- Patient care responsibilities can lead to exposure to blood and human waste
- Failure to follow safety guidelines could result in exposure to ionizing radiation
- Periodic exposure to noise and a cold environment