The Lead Mammography Technologist oversees the CRMA mammography program within the Radiology Department. Our main facility is in Framingham and we operate a satellite in Marlborough. Hours M-F, fulltime.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform screening and diagnostic mammograms as needed
- Perform and document all quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) per DPH, MQSA, and ACR guidelines
- Work with the Radiology Manager to oversee day to day duties of the other mammography techs.
- Responsible for all accreditation and state inspection processes
- Maintain daily records on all mammography examinations
- Monitor compliance with recommendations for follow-up studies
- Monitor recommendations for biopsies to ensure follow-up procedures have been performed
- Maintain pathological results from biopsies
- Maintain accurate technologist and radiologist credentials
- Maintain accurate records of procedures performed by technologists and mammograms interpreted by radiologists
- Ensure previous mammography studies from outside facilities are available for radiologist interpretation
- Maintain and update medical audit analysis in coordination with the lead interpreting physician
- Maintain and monitor Penrad tracking software
- Create and maintain monthly staffing needs (staff schedules, time off requests, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-3 years Mammography experience required
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Must possess a current Massachusetts State (DPH) Radiologic Technologist license (with Mammo)
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Must maintain all required continuing education credits and licensure during employment
- Must be BLS (Basic Life Support) certified and maintain this certification during employment
- Hologic trained applicants strongly preferred
- Effective communications skills
CRMA is comprised of over 75 providers in multiple locations throughout MetroWest. Our Diagnostic Imaging centers in Framingham and Marlborough offer CT, Digital X-Ray, 3D Mammography, Ultrasound, Bone Density, Nuclear Medicine, as well as other various Cardiology exams. Under the general supervision of the Radiology Manager, the Mammography Technologist provides exceptional hands-on patient care and service.
Benefits Package Highlights
- Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
- 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
- Dental, Vision, and Life available.
- 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
- HSA/FSA available