Charles River Medical Associates, with over 75 compassionate providers providing leading-edge clinical care, offers high-quality service at 15 locations spread across 9 MetroWest communities. Our Diagnostic Imaging centers in Framingham and Marlborough offer CT, Digital X-Ray, 3D Mammography, Ultrasound, Bone Density, Nuclear Medicine, as well as other various Cardiology exams. Under the general supervision of the Radiology Manager, the X-Ray Technologist provides exceptional hands-on patient care to patients of all ages.
This per diem position offers great compensation, 401k, and flexible daytime hours within a positive, close-knit, team-oriented environment. No evenings, weekends, holidays, or call!!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This role incorporates all the technical skills associated with X-Ray, including related clerical and service duties. The technologist must also participate in QA/QI projects within the department.
- Obtains and reviews patient’s clinical history and related patient’s test reports. Obtains pertinent medical history, instructs patient regarding exam procedures and preparation
- Performs X-Ray testing differentiating normal anatomy from abnormal. Performs routine maintenance of equipment, conducts quality control tests as necessary and informs supervisor of any repair needs. Also, the technologist maintains exam suites in good and appropriate order and checks inventory routinely
- Performs related clerical duties, i.e., scheduling patients, preparing requisitions, filing and retrieving reports, entering patient information, making phone calls to patients and physician offices, logging scan interpretation, etc.
- Must have graduated from an approved program in Radiologic Sciences
- Must possess a current Massachusetts State (DPH) Radiologic Technologist license
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Must maintain all required continuing education credits and licensure during employment
- Must be BLS (Basic Life Support) certified and maintain this certification during employment
- Clinical experience preferred but will consider new graduates
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Normal or corrected vision and hearing for safe interaction with staff and patients
- Fast-paced imaging center
- Constant walking and standing with intermittent lifting and positioning of patients
- Patient care responsibilities can lead to exposure to blood and human waste
- Failure to follow safety guidelines could result in exposure to ionizing radiation
- Periodic exposure to noise and a cold environment