This Clinical Exercise Physiologist position covers 3 locations in Marlboro and Framingham, working 3 days per week performing stress tests. 2 of those days will be supporting nuclear stress tests in Marlboro and the 3rdday will be split between 2 Framingham cardiology offices for non-nuclear stress tests. Applicant must have experience working as an ETT tech.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for stress tests, including patient interviews, obtaining medical history, obtaining patient consent and signatures, and conducting patient teaching related to risks and complications.
- Assesses patient’s resting, stress and recovery vitals.
- Sets up and monitors patient through 12 lead EKG stress testing including application of 12 lead EKG monitor pads and application leads. EKG Rhythm identification and interpretation.
- Maintains all EKG, exercise stress, pacemaker monitor files and records as required.
- Performs graded exercise stress testing accurately, following the cardiologist’s instructions and protocol, using the proper techniques to produce a clear, good quality tracing.
- Recognizes atypical electrocardiogram pattern and determines whether there is any external interferences.
- Writes study reports and recommendations as required by site
- Maintains and cleans equipment
- Current BLS
- ACSM certification a plus