This Full Time MA position is in a two MD, 1 NP Internal Medicine internal medicine practice in Holliston, supporting 1 provider. Good Phlebotomy skills needed. EPIC Experience preferred. At least 1 year of experience in a primary care office.
Hours: M, Tu, Wed & F 7:30 a.m. – 5:00p.m. 9 hour days 36 hour week. – Full Benefits.
POSITION STARTS Mid October.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary duty is “patient flow”. Tasks include bringing patients from the waiting room to the exam room, taking vitals, updating patient history, updating the electronic medical record, and performing protocol-based tests such as depression screening. At the end of visit, may include escorting patient to the front desk, cleaning the exam room, performing patient education, and following up on any instructions from the physician.
- Some offices have medical assistants perform check-out functions, such as scheduling next appointment, processing prescriptions, processing referrals, and proofing physician billing sheets.
- Manage messaging for the physician. Ensure incoming messages are followed up and resolved. Coordinate with other office staff. Perform callbacks under physician direction.
- Coordinates pre-visit preparations including addressing the special needs of patients (ie comfort measures, communication, and other appropriate issues) and ensuring relevant labs and tests are scheduled and completed prior to office visit.
- Prepares treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
- Perform routine office tests and procedures, such as urinalysis, EKG, phlebotomy, spirometry, and injections.
- Assists physicians and nurses with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments and by handing instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and restocks exam room. Completes inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Fill in for medical secretaries at the front desk when needed.
- Performs all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice.
Benefits Package Highlights
- Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
- 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
- Dental, Vision, and Life available.
- 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
- HSA/FSA available