Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-visit planning.
- Room patients taking appropriate vital signs and screenings measures.
- Perform bladder catherization, pediatric phlebotomy, and point of care testing; administer oral, injectable and nebulized medications; administer vaccines.
- Perform telephone triage.
- Update medication lists and allergies.
- Perform tasks such as scheduling, completing forms and appropriately documenting patient care tasks.
- Assist physician during procedures such as suturing, foreign body removal, etc.
- Prepare treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
- Clean and restock exam rooms.
- Perform all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice.
- 1 year or more of experience working in a medical practice preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program through a national accredited certifying body.
- Current LPN License.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and bedside manner for children and their families.
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through, brainstorm and collaborate to meet changing practice needs.
- Strong computer and typing skills, with previous EPIC system preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards: Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Standards: Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all patient records and protected health information.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
Requires full range of body motion, including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires frequent standing and walking. Requires occasional lifting. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.