This position requires a Spanish speaking candidate
This position requires experience working as a medical secretary, medical assistant, or office manager in a physician office or hospital.
The Office Coordinator directs, plans, and coordinates the work of office staff and manages the daily operations of a physician office with 3 or more full-time providers. In addition to supervisory functions, may perform one of these roles in the office on a daily basis: (1) Medical Secretary; (2) Medical Assistant; or (3) Phlebotomist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises the daily operation of the offices, including helping staff establish deadlines for work assignment and completion, and monitoring work status and progress. Re-allocates staff resources as appropriate based on daily physician schedules, time-off, and capacity. Fosters teamwork between staff and physicians.
• Actively participates in the daily operation of the offices in one or more of these functions as appropriate with skills and training: (1) Medical Secretary; (2) Medical Assistant; or (3) Phlebotomist. Provides assistance to office staff members in order to ensure the office runs orderly for the physicians and patients.
• Responsible for managing personnel related activities including, scheduling hours, accurate timekeeping, attendance, time off requests, leave of absences, employee relations issues, performance evaluations and overtime management.
• Manages office level billing procedures, patient registration, diagnosis coding, applicable collection of co-payment and outstanding balances from patients while ensuring full compliance with established cash control policies and procedures. Monitors various billing functions.
• Oversees and maintains the practice’s appointment scheduling system including assisting in determining “bookable” time.
• Compiles management reports and responsible for execution of and monitoring practice-wide initiatives in the office.
• Develops enhanced workflow mechanisms and procedures to increase office efficiency and assists staff in understanding and implementing organizational policies and procedures. Responsible for standardizing processes and procedures when appropriate.
• Functions as the liaison between physicians, CRMA administration, human resources, billing, credentialing, IS, accounts payable, and other areas for the office.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring and training and development of staff.
• Works with ancillary services and/or renters which reside in the office space, as applicable, to ensure seamless customer service to our patients and help services work efficiently.
• Responsible for managing expenses, purchasing, and completing and submitting month end financial statements if necessary.
• Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed. Promotes a customer service orientation among staff members.
• Maintains the physical property and equipment of the office including arranging for routine and emergency maintenance with landlord and outside vendors.
• Manages physician call and coverage schedules.
• Ensures office is in compliance with regulatory requirements including: safety, OSHA, HIPAA, employment and labor laws, state and federal guidelines.
• Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
• Manages expenses, maintain office supply inventory, monitor accounts payable activity to ensure adherence to proper fiscal controls.
• Ensures mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
• Actively participates in patient complaint procedures.
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves work problems.
• Assists staff in maintaining ongoing quality assurance program.
• Attends office manager meetings and disseminates information to staff.
• Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards according to policy.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Management training or coursework preferred.
• 5 years of previous medical office experience required.
• Previous management or leadership experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office and electronic medical records.
• Must have demonstrated experience working with medical insurance, in particular requirements for referrals and prior authorizations. Working knowledge of ICD10 diagnostic codes and CPT codes.
• Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
• Skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
• Skill in verbal and written communication.
• Flexible, customer service orientated, positive attitude.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
• Strong customer service, telephone, and etiquette skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidentially. Stays abreast of regulatory and industry changes in healthcare.
Direct supervisor for all office staff.
To apply for this position, you may also email @email@example.com