The Team Leader for Care Management is responsible for management and oversight of the Care Managers and supporting the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of care management program. The Team Lead directly interfaces with physicians, practice administrators, and CRMA care team to support a high functioning program.
This position is an essential leadership position and has first line responsibility for the staff and daily operations of the care management process.
Hours: M – F; Salary commensurate with experience
Personnel and Management Responsibilities:
- Interviews, manages, and evaluates Care Managers.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates orientation sessions including scheduling, competencies, and preceptor assignments/training.
- Monitors and evaluates opportunities for improving Care Manager assignments, physical space, and tools to ensure that the Care Managers have the necessary equipment to effectively promote a positive working environment.
- Promotes the development of the care management team, including team meetings, professional collaboratives, and participation in required meeting with our healthcare partners. (iCMP/TMP)
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in dealing with patients, co-workers, and other health care providers and ability to address problems and/or crisis situations.
- Requires the ability to work independently as well as function effectively within a team-based model of care.
- Able to establish collegial relationships with physicians, office staff and health care providers in physician’s offices, community agencies, hospitals, and other health care facilities.
- Functioning within the patient centered model of care, demonstrates a commitment to meeting the patient’s needs and expectations.
- Functioning within the team-based model of care, demonstrates a commitment and accountability to the care management team.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity to continuously improve services, work processes, and other activities that affect quality and utilization.
- Is aware of and follows applicable policies and procedures for general safety, attendance, punctuality, and appearance.
- Position will also include onsite review for designated physician groups at the acute hospital, acute rehabilitation facility, skilled nursing facility level of care, and approval of homecare services as medically necessary.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
Other duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes accountability for professional growth and development.
- Identifies quality of care issues and reports the concerns to the appropriate person.
- Collects, prepares, and reports data as directed.
- Assists in preparation for external audits and surveys as applicable.
- A registered nurse licensed to practice in Massachusetts with BS, preferred.
- Certification in Care management (CCM) or other applicable professional certification, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospital, health plan, doctor practice or community care management.
- Previous experience working in ambulatory setting is preferred.
- Ability to travel to practices, hospital, or administrative offices.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills required
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and telephonic skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated competency working with health care setting computer systems.
- Demonstrated competency working with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and their staff in a physician practice setting.
- Ability to handle routine work, unexpected priorities, and multi-task.
- Requires autonomy in decision making using sound judgment based upon factual information, clinical experience, and nursing process.
Benefits Package Highlights
- Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
- 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
- Dental, Vision, and Life available.
- 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
- HSA/FSA available