This part time Accounts Payable Clerk position will be working in our Corporate Office reporting to the Finance Manager. This is an in office position, no remote work.
32 Hours: M – Th; 8am – 4:30pm some flexibility available
Salary commensurate with experience
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be primarily responsible for timely and accurate processing of requests for payment in the Sage general ledger system on behalf of Charles River Medical Associates. this person will communicate with vendors and employees to resolve accounts payable inquiries in a timely manner. This position plays a key role to ensure payment processing is an accurate and appropriate representation of the practice’s expenses.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process requests for payment which includes vendor invoices, check requests, patient refunds and employee travel and expense report reimbursements for payment.
- Prepare, process and distribute regular check runs in the Sage accounts payable system. Process manual checks as needed.
- Process voids and stop payments as needed
- Scan vouchers and maintain paid and open vendor files in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for regular communication and collaboration with practice personnel and vendors regarding accounts payable inquiries.
- Review and distribute the monthly accounts payable ledger to practice locations.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred but not required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience, preferably in a health care finance environment.
- Computer proficiency including expertise using MS Excel and Accounts Payable software.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Skills and Abilities Required
- High Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Position requires the ability to work at a PC for long periods of time and the ability to stand and bend in order to maintain paper files .
Position is responsible for auditing documentation, signatures and expense accounts charged for accuracy and appropriateness to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
Benefits Package Highlights
1. Health Insurance: 90% of premium paid by CRMA for fulltime staff, prorated for part-time.
2. 10 paid holidays/yr. 17 vacation/sick days/yr in addition. Prorated for part-time.
3. Dental, Vision, and Life available.
4. 401k 4% contribution by CRMA
5. FSA/HSA available
Job Type: Part-time