The Phlebotomist works as part of the healthcare team to perform phlebotomy in a high-volume, multi-provider office setting. May assist with other diagnostics procedures and treatments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs phlebotomy in a high-volume point-of-care environment.
- Follows protocols and procedures for testing and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures all orders and forms are complete.
- Documents into the patient medical record according to standards and procedures.
- Cleans, prepares, and ensures supplies are appropriately stocked and ready for use in the exam room and clinical areas. Cleans and sanitizes as needed.
- Utilizes established clinical standards of excellence, age/population-appropriate communication skills, approved guidelines and clinical knowledge.
- May perform EKGs, injections, PFTs, urine collection, or assist providers with procedures relevant to their experience/training.
- Provides administrative and phone support as needed including performing patient scheduling, check in/checkout, referrals, prior-authorizations, and other administrative tasks.
- Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards according to policy.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of a phlebotomy training program strongly preferred.
- Graduate of a medical assistant training program will be considered.
- One or more years as a phlebotomist with demonstrated experience and skill required.
- Certified Phlebotomist strongly preferred.
- Active medical assistant credential from a third party will be considered.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Effective phlebotomy skills required.
- Ability to work safely in a patient care environment and follow OSHA and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of physician policies and procedures including general knowledge of billing, insurance coding, and medical terminology.
- Strong computer and typing skills with previous MS Outlook and electronic scheduling/electronic medical record system preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong customer service, telephone, and etiquette skills.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work to precise and established standards of accuracy.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Team player and ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidentially.
See last page.
CRMA Physician practice offices.
The needs of CRMA and its patients require that positions have flexibility. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents. Employees are required to follow any supervisory instructions and to perform other duties as requested by their supervisor and/or other management personnel from time to time.
If you want to apply for this position, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org